The following transactions are prohibited in terms of Rule 3:
- Remittance of income from racing or riding etc.
- Remittance out of lottery winnings.
- Payment of commission on exports under rupee state credit route, except commission up to 10% of invoice value of exports of tea and tobacco.
- Remittances for purchase of lottery tickets, banned or prescribed magazines, football pools, sweepstakes, etc.
- Payment related to ‘call back services’ of telephones.
- Payment of commission on exports made towards equity investment in joint ventures or wholly owned subsidiaries abroad of India companies.
- Remittance of interest income on funds held in non-resident special rupee (account) scheme.
- Remittance of dividend by any company to which the requirement of dividend balancing is applicable.